If you’re looking for a way to gather safely with your employees, an outdoor socially distanced company picnic might be a good solution for you. You can make it both safe AND fun by providing items like hand sanitizer, activities for children, and giveaways. Below, we put together a checklist of everything you need to make the most out of your socially distanced company picnic.
#1: Keep food simple by serving boxed lunches.
- Make your food and drinks easily accessible by skipping the traditional buffet. Adding items like individually wrapped cookies, bottled water with custom labels, and logoed napkins will add that extra special touch to your event!
- Money-Saving Tip: Shipping costs for bottled water can add up quickly, so buy water bottle labels and apply the labels yourself.
#2: Use outdoor-friendly decorations.
- Tents give people a place to get out of the sun and protect the food. The Deluxe tent kit is the perfect size to fit tables under and has four imprint areas to give you the max amount of branding for the cost.
- Consider investing in an outdoor tablecloth like this one, which is water-resistant, reusable and it will make any event feel put together. It will stay secure even in the wind, making the weather less of a stressor.
- Upgrade your drink coolers with a customized outdoor event cooler. This cooler can hold up to 40lbs of ice and 48 12oz cans, and it features wheels for easy mobility and a drainage plug for easy clean-up. You’ll be able to use it for other events for years to come.
- Decorations are just as important as any part of the event, and customized balloons can add a pop of color and theme. Once the event is over you can hand them out to the kids to take home.
#3: Make essentials like sanitizer, sunscreen, and bug spray readily available.
- The outdoor essential kit includes everything your guests need for a cozy outdoor picnic. It comes in a convenient container and contains 2 oz bottles of insect repellent, sunscreen, after-sun spray, hand sanitizer, and bug relief spray. Give this out at the beginning of your event so they can use them throughout the picnic!
- Set up free-standing hand sanitizer stations near wherever food or people will congregate. This will encourage people to sanitize before touching any shared items.
#4: Make it family-friendly.
- Many of your employees will bring their families. Planning with kids in mind will keep them engaged and give your employees time to enjoy the picnic.
- Coloring books are a great option, being a low-cost, low-touch activity. We recommend kitting together a coloring book and colored pencil for each child so no one will have to share. There are plenty of themed coloring books to go along with any industry or message.
- Temporary tattoos can also add fun to any kid’s day. The options for customizing your temporary tattoos are endless. Glow in the dark, sparkly, metallic, anything you can think of. Set up a DIY application station with bowls of water, disposable cotton rounds (think the kind you use for makeup removal), and paper towels. Kids will have a blast!
- Bubbles are another fun activity for the kids. There are so many options and shapes available for bubbles; just make sure each child gets their own container of bubbles to reduce sharing of germs.
#5: Commemorate the day with special giveaways.
- A t-shirt with the event logo always makes a great giveaway, and your employees can wear it to work on Casual Friday! You can collect sizes when people RSVP for the event.
- People forget to bring their sunglasses all the time, so a free pair of sunglasses really comes in handy at the beginning of the event. You can even offer coordinating kids’ sizes and adult sizes — these make for great selfies with your event hashtag!
- Of course, a socially distanced picnic wouldn’t be complete without a picnic blanket. This also adds another seating option besides tables which will let your employees and their families spread out even more.
Planning your socially distanced company picnic? Contact us today!
Check out some of our latest blog posts at the links below.