Summer is right around the corner and that means longer days and more time out of the house. With that in mind, wireless chargers make a great choice for a summer promo item. The popularity and convenience of wireless chargers have grown exponentially over the past few years, and they make a great household promo item.
What You Need to know about Wireless Chargers
In the past few years, most smartphones have introduced a wireless charging feature, which means you don’t have to manually plug a charging cable into your phone. Instead, with wireless charging, you just set your phone on a charging pad. With so many options available, it can feel overwhelming to pick one out. We’re here to help you narrow down your choices and pick the right wireless charger for your brand.
Four things to consider about wireless chargers are:
- Advantages/disadvantages of wireless charging.
- The output of the charge.
- The importance of a Qi Charging format.
- Figuring out which wireless charger will fit your needs.
Advantages/Disadvantages of Wireless Charging
- Wireless charging reduces wear and tear on the charging port on your phone, which might save you the hassle of phone repairs down the road.
- Less clutter and no more bulky charging cables.
- It reduces the likelihood of damage due to a power surge to your phone.
- Larger charging pads can charge more than one device at a time.
- Wireless charging takes longer than traditional charging cables. (If you charge while you’re sleeping, you probably won’t notice a big difference. But if you need a quick charge during the day, a wired charger might be your best bet.)
- Some charging pads require you to line your phone up just right to connect with the charge. (Wireless charging stands can solve that issue.)
- Some older model phones are not equipped for wireless charging.
All About the Output
Currently, most smartphones can take in 7.5w through wireless charging, while some phones can receive up to 10w. Newer wireless chargers can produce an output of 15w and tech experts recommend you go ahead and buy a 15w charger so you’ll be ready as new phones come out in the future. Don’t worry about getting a charger that has too much output; your phone is smart and will adjust. By getting a promo wireless charger with a 15w output, you can extend the life of your charger, and make a lasting impression on your customers.
While looking for a wireless charger you might hear the term “Qi”. This is the main format used for wireless chargers. While there are a few wireless chargers that are not Qi format, it is the only type of wireless charger we will recommend since Qi is the gold standard.
Picking a Qi Charger will help lead to a seamless transition to wireless charging. By buying a Qi formatted charger, you are guaranteed it will work on all the popular smartphones.
Choosing the Right Wireless Charger for Your Brand
Wireless chargers come in all shapes and sizes now. You can get a wireless charger with multiple hookups or one that’s also a speaker. If you have a smartwatch you can easily find a 2-in-1 charging station. Wireless chargers have a massive imprint area compared to wired chargers, making it easy to make a big impression. The variety of wireless chargers makes it easy to find one that will fit your lifestyle and brand aesthetic.
Our Top Picks for Wireless Chargers
This charger is all about need. Everybody needs a charger and needs to clean their phone more often. The UV cleaning feature can clean more than just your phone. It can clean jewelry, credit cards, smartwatches, and other small objects.
The Cork wireless charging pad has a sleek design that will go with most people’s aesthetics. The simple design makes it easy to blend in and not feel too much like a promotional product. This would be a great item to give as an employee appreciation gift or to top clients.
The Wireless Charging Journal is a great addition for anyone whose job requires moving around a lot. The journal is a discrete and easy way to keep your phone charged. It has a rechargeable power bank inside the journal that you can use to charge your phone wirelessly.
A Bluetooth and wireless charging speaker is the perfect item for summer and fall tailgates. This combines the wireless charger and speaker. It’s small enough to take wherever you go and has a playtime of up to 2 hours.
Find a wireless charger that matches your company’s needs. Contact us today!
- Work From Home Products for Everyone
- The Best Alternatives to Richardson Caps
- Hot, New Tech Items for Your Next Promotion